On this day in 1996, rapper 2Pac died in Las Vegas only 6 days after a drive by shooting. In honor of his Legacy, WeGetYaHeard , is leaving you with 10 facts that everyone should know about the life of Tupac Shakur.
1. Shakur's birth name was Lasane Parish Crooks and was changed to Tupac Amaru II at one years old.
2. Tupac, born in Harlem, relocated to Baltimore, San Francisco, and later to Los Angeles tin 1993 to pursue his music career.
3. In 1986 Tupac while attending the Baltimore school for the arts he performed in the ballet Nutcracker.
4. Tupac had a very close relationship with Jada Pinkett. In several of his writings and poems he says, "Jada is my heart. She will be my friend for my whole life."
5. November 1991, Shakur released his debut solo album, 2 Pacalypse.
6. February, 1993, Shakur released his second album, Strictly 4 My N.IG.G.A.Z.
7. The Group Thug life was formed with friends including Big Skye, Macadoshis, Mopreme Shakur and Walter burns. There was only one album. The album was released in October 1994.
8. March 1995, Tupac released his 3rd album entitled, Me against the world. This album is considered one of the greatest and most influential works of all time.
9. February 1996, Tupac released his final album, All Eyes on me, by Death Row Records and Interscope.
10. Tupac was also an actor. His first appearance on the big screen was in 1991, then in Juice (1992), Poetic Justice (1993) and others upto his death.
There are many facts about the late-great life of Tupac Shakur. Please share some of those that aren't included. What was your favorite Tupac song? Subscribe to stay updated with the WeGetYaHeard movement.